Monday 28 July 2014

Browsing for TV show and film clothes or with other words: I cosplay

Well, as already everybody knows I'm of course also a weird fangirl and this includes (when it comes to me personally) also the wonderful world of Cosplay. I've started with this about a year ago with my first Fem-lock photos I just did out of fun because I was still a bit nervous. Over the time I became more and more confident and now I even have a Cosplay page on Facebook!  https://www.facebook.com/johannaholmescosplay?ref_type=bookmark

I love doing this though I always have huge respect when I see those people who really do this professionally, do everything themselves and go to competitions etc. The first time I've done something like this was in March to the Book Con in Leipzig and I just put on my Sherlock outfit without really believing someone would recognise me. But it was unbelievable! Though it were just three or four people it was so awesome that people recognised my outfit and called me Sherlock! You have to imagine for the first time doing this in public this was fantastic! Actually I already have everything I need for the complete outfit except the right coat. Recently I'm using my normal coat I wear in winter which of course works but does not look like the real thing. I've discovered on our German Amazon website Sherlock's coat the only problem: damned expensive! But I had the idea that I could maybe ask my parents to get me this as a present for my 18th birthday in February ;-) But at least it looks awesome ^_^



And I also want to cosplay Doctor Who some day of course! I love all the New Who Doctors (I'm still in the first Series of Classic Who but I've seen the TV Movie ^_^) and they are all awesome to cosplay but of course I want to be my favourite Doctor who is Christopher's alias the ninth Doctor. I've found for this also a great page which helps with tips and ideas for every Doctor outfit so you know what you need: http://www.bbcamerica.com/anglophenia/2013/07/quick-cosplay-guide-to-the-doctors-of-doctor-who/
The ninth Doctor's outfit is actually easily done I just have to get the right leather jacket and there comes the problem again: money. (Btw: Did you notice that the jacket or the coat is most of the time the most expensive part of the Doctor's outfit? The BBC loves its jackets and coats ^_^) My parents also don't actually know that I cosplay and they don't really know about Doctor Who so I would feel a bit weird when I go to them and ask "Would you buy me a man's leather jacket that costs about 155 Euros so I can look like a time-travelling alien from TV?" Yeah, probably not the best sentence to start with this topic. But at least I've found the right jacket after one hour searching around and it looks like the Doctor's don't you think?

Has anyone of you seen "Nan's Christmas Carol" from the Catherine Tate show in which David Tennant plays the ghost of Christmas present? (If not do it after you've read this: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xyjboe_catherine-tate-nan-s-christmas-carol-full-episode_fun) Apart from the fact that the whole thing is freaking brilliant I absolutely adore the look of David Tennant's character!

I'm so in love with this outfit especially with the jacket! The same day that I have seen this I immediately looked around everywhere to find this black-red Army-style jacket and I can tell you that it's really not easy! It's even more difficult for me because I have to find some German page where I can buy it and pay in Euros. But I'm not giving up and I have already found some jackets that do look a bit like the one of the ghost but the problem is that they may look similar but miss certain important details. If someone finds a jacket like this on the internet and informs me I'm gonna love this person!

Well, who said that Cosplay is always easy? Well, actually it is always you just don't have to take it too seriously and remember that it is about being your hero and giving him and homage ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment