Friday 13 March 2015

A busy life (But still time for Writing, Cosplay, Cumberbatch, Doctor Who, Hannibal and Game of Thrones)

Sorry guys, I haven't really done any proper blogging in the past three months. I'm in my last year of school and the final exams are coming up so I have a lot of studying to do. I guess many fangirls and fanboys among you will understand that problem of not being able to do your fandom stuff because of school.

There are actually no other big things on in my life at the moment. I still try to watch my TV shows and movies and to read my books but very often I never find the time for my hobbies. I actually want to continue writing my fantasy novel but somehow there is also no real process going on. But I have had some really good ideas about certain characters and their motivations and backgrounds so I hope that the spirits of inspiration will move my pen again very soon. If want to know/hear something about my novel don't hesitate to ask. I can also write an extra entry about my book if you like ^_^

For the Cosplay and Criminal Minds fans: I have done a new cosplay based on the wonderful character of Dr Spencer Reid from the team of the BAU. If you want to take a look click on the link and maybe give it a thumps up: https://www.facebook.com/johannaholmescosplay

Some big things happened in our fandoms though. Benedict finally got married and had a ten day honeymoon with his gorgeous wife Sophia Cumberbatch ^_^ They look so happy and cute together on the photos you see of the two and I hope that they are enjoying the married life and always find some time for themselves between their busy schedules. Sadly Benedict didn't win the Oscar for best actor but to be honest at that point: I already expected something like that because I have seen "Theory of Everything". And I'm so glad Eddie Redmayne won the Oscar for his portrait of Stephen Hawking because he absolutely deserved it!!! If you haven't watched "Theory of Everything" already, go an do it right after you have finished reading this blog entry ^_^
(Source: http://www.express.co.uk/news/showbiz/562477/Benedict-Cumberbatch-Sophie-Hunter-tropical-honeymoon-LAX-airport)


The fans of Doctor Who are looing forward to the new series and are excited to see what lies behind the story of the Doctor and the Mistress. I'm kind of excited myself because I was actually quite intrigued in the new version of the Master and hope that we will see some cool scenes between the Doctor and the Mistress. What will happen with Clara, I don't quite know what to say to that. I'm not her biggest fan but she's become better with Peter Capaldi and hope that I maybe grow more attached to her in this new series. If the writers of Doctor Who do a better job this time with scripts, the characters and take more advantage of the potential that still lies in Peter Capaldi's acting abilities (which are, as we all know, absolutely fantastic!), then I'm sure the new series will be a good one.
(Source: http://screenrant.com/doctor-who-season-9-showrunner-steven-moffat-missy-dead/)



And the fans of "Hannibal" reading this are also probably looking forward to season 3 and have been just as excited as me when the trailer for the new season came out. I'm looking forward to see what they are going to show and where Hannibal is now going and if he's meeting old acquaintances and visits places of his past. Let us hope for interesting plot lines and some intriguing insights into the psyche of the characters.
(Source: http://aggressivecomix.com/2015/01/hannibal-season-3s-first-trailer/)


But I have still found the time to start watching a new TV show which probably many of you will know and like: I started watching Game of Thrones! Right now I'm in the middle of series 4 and look forward to series 5 which is airing very soon. The show is pretty cool and very interesting. I also appreciate the work of George R.R. Martin because the world he created is simply brilliant and full of fantasy. I love the fact that you always have to expect the unexpected in Game of Thrones whether it hast to do with characters or plot lines. And there are MANY plot lines. After the very first episode there are already about fife different stories going on. I have to admit that I can understand people that don't like that sort of complicated stuff and have difficulty in following certain story lines. You have to have some patience with Game of Thrones but when you give it a chance you will most certainly get an entertaining and well-created TV show.
For the Game of Thrones fans among you, here are some of my opinions/favourites:
- Tyrion Lannister is probably the best character ever!
- Daenerys Targaryen and Jorah Mormont should be a couple
- Brienne of Tarth is such a cool woman!
- I somehow like/support the thing that's going on between Bealish and Sansa
- Arya Stark is my favourite from the House of Stark because she is just badass
- This was the first TV show where I really despised certain characters and cheered when they died (I think we all know who it is)
- I actually support the love of the incest couple in that show (And of course I also love the fact that there also gay and lesbian relationships)
(Source: http://winteriscoming.net/)


Well, that's the blogging done. I don't know when I will have the time again to write something but I always like to say: better late than never. I hope you guys are all well and for the students out there: keep your heads up, we can do it ^_^

No comments:

Post a Comment